Monday, November 10, 2008

Feeling Better While I'm Sick

Sounds downright paradoxical, right? Actually, no. I'm sick with a nasty cold and a sore throat. I've had a hard time getting out of bed today.

So am I feeling miserable? Not quite. President-Elect Barack Obama looked awfully good on the teevee today. Indications from his economic team suggest that he might take Paul Krugman's (and Chris Matthews', for that matter) advice in taking bold and progressive steps to rehabilitate our gravely ill economy. And closer to home, I heard some new news on the Prop 8 Lawsuit in California while the House races in CA-44 & CA-04 remain too close to call.

So tonight, I'm not feeling so bad. Even though I'm super sick, I'm feeling better about the future well-being of this nation. And even though the California election results have really depressed me, maybe there is light at the end of this dark tunnel.

OK, I should probably get slip back under the covers. I can feel the cold from outside. Still, it's nice to be warmed from inside by a strong feeling of hope for a better America.

0 comments:

Post a Comment