Wednesday, December 10, 2008

I, Barack Hussein Obama, do solemnly swear

Obama

The Los Angeles Times reports that Barack Obama intends to use his full name, including his middle one, "Hussein," when he takes the oath of office on January 20. Obama said in an interview with The Los Angeles Times:
I think the tradition is that they use all three names, and I will follow the tradition, not trying to make a statement one way or another. I'll do what everybody else does.
Obama promises to make a strong pitch to the Muslim world. During the course of his interview, Obama observed that he thought the nation had a wonderful opportunity to shape the way non-Americans see it:
I think we've got a unique opportunity to reboot America's image around the world and also in the Muslim world in particular.
Obama plans to deliver a speech in a Muslim capital early in his term as president.

0 comments:

Post a Comment