Saturday, September 20, 2008

McCain: We're gonna do for health care what we did for banking!

I don't know how many of you have heard the wonderful work of the inimitable Laurie Anderson, but she has a song she calls, Beautiful Red Dress. One of the lyrics in that song is, "I'm on a roll - I'm on a wild ride." When I read about John McCain's new article for Contigencies, I couldn't help but think of that lyric. I imagine Mr. McCain penned the article (he doesn't know how to use a computer, so obviously, he penned it) before the United States went a trillion dollars in debt for the debacle the Republicans have foisted on us in their deregulation of banking, but even so, the unfiltered John McCain writes on page 30 of his article this inspired sentence:
Opening up the health insurance market to more vigorous nationwide competition, as we have done over the last decade in banking, would provide more choices of innovative products less burdened by the worst excesses of state-based regulation.
Why? 'Cuz we're on a roll - we're on a wild ride.

1 comments:

atdnext said...

Oh yeah, I SO want to pay more to get less! Go McBush-Failin'! (/snark)

Post a Comment