Wednesday, October 29, 2008

My Take on The 30 Minute Ad

I can promise you that I will always tell you what I think and where I stand. I will always be honest with you about the challenges we face.

I will listen to you when we disagree. And most importantly, I will open the door of government and ask you to be involved in your own democracy again.


That was Barack Obama in tonight's 30 Minute Ad. And honestly, I thought the whole ad was BRILLIANT! I never cried during a political ad before. But just an hour ago, I was crying.

Why was I crying? It was real. I related with those people who are suffering under the current Bush-Cheney-McCain regime. I related with Barack Obama's family and what they go through everyday. Basically, I got what Obama was saying & I could tell he felt my pain.

Wait... He felt my pain? Yes, it was utterly CLINTONIAN! Obama is now channeling the same empathy and understanding that President Clinton had. This clearly helped elect Clinton in 1992 and 1996, and I now fully believe this will now help Barack Obama in 2008.

So all in all, this was a great success. Barack Obama used these special 30 minutes as well as he possibly could. He connected in a way that McCain may never be able to do. But still, we must NOT be complacent. We must now join Barack Obama in working as hard as we can to make victory happen.

We only have 5 days left, so let's go out & win this election! :-)

0 comments:

Post a Comment